The Conestoga College work study program provides on-campus, program-related employment to current students. Work study positions allow students the opportunity to help meet the costs of attending college, while providing a valuable work experience with flexible scheduling that work around class times. Part-time positions give students eight to 10 hours of work per week. Full-time positions are available to students in the summer term, and on co-op terms, up to a maximum of 35 hour per week.
Examples of work study positions may include:
- Accessibility Services - Peer Educator
- Bookstore - Sales/Operations Clerk
- IT Services - Help Desk, Software/Hardware Support, Lab Monitor
- Learning Commons - Marketing Intern, Peer Tutors, Math Mentors, Office Technology Assistant
- Student Engagement Department - Student Life Centre Information Desk, Student Engagement Promotions Assistant, Respect Leaders, Orientation Interns
- Trades and Apprenticeship - Technicians
To be eligible for the CCWSP, all students must:
- Be in a full-time degree, diploma, or certificate program.
- Maintain a full-time course load. Students on a reduced course load may be eligible if they are registered with Accessibility Services.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress – passing 60% of courses and actively progressing through the program.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN).
Domestic students must:
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person.
- Be eligible for OSAP, or another province’s student financial assistance program OR complete the Work Study Eligibility Application and demonstrate financial need.
International students must:
- Hold a valid Canadian study permit that allows on-campus employment.
- Adhere to all requirements stated on their study permit.
- Adhere to all Canadian student visa requirements.
Eligibility for summer work study positions
To be eligible for a summer work study position, you must:
- have met the requirements stated above in the previous winter term, and
- be returning to full-time studies in the upcoming fall term OR completing your final co-op term for your program.
How to apply for work study opportunities
- Explore job postings for work study positions by logging in to
- Click on “Career” in the left menu bar
- Click “Job Postings”
- Click “Search Job Posting”
- Under the Job Posting Information box select “On Campus (Work Study Program Only)”
- Once you have found a position you are interested in, apply according to the posting.
- If you are selected for an interview, your eligibility will be confirmed by the hiring department.