Academic Upgrading is a free program. Students may qualify for transportation subsidies and assistance with childcare costs needed to attend the program. Please ask for more information during intake.
For individuals who:
- don't have a secondary school diploma (OSSD)
- need to improve their grades for entrance into college or apprenticeship programs
- completed secondary school some time ago and need to refresh their skills
- Learn in an adult atmosphere
- Flexible schedule lets you learn at your own pace and around your busy life
- Focus on subjects relevant to your goals including Math, Communications (English), Biology, Chemistry, and Computers
- Self-directed and teacher-led options available
- 19 years of age or older
- Resident of Ontario
- Provide documentation of completed Canadian Benchmark level (CLB) 7 or higher if English is not your first language
Academic Upgrading availability
- Self-directed study: flexible schedule, receive in-class instructor support and start at any time.
- Teacher-led study: start and end at set dates, taught by an instructor and attend all classes.
- Classes run in Brantford, Cambridge - Downtown, Guelph, Kitchener - Downtown, Stratford, and Waterloo
For more information, please complete the online form or email email@example.com.
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.